Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Inspired to Write Or a Shout Out to Maggie

I like to say that when I read, I devour books, I go through them so fast. Every time I pick up a book only to put it down a few days later, completed, Mega Man is stunned to silence (if you know him, you understand the power of this).

Last June, I stumbled across a listing on Amazon as I was searching for something new to read. What caught my eye was "Shiver" by Maggie Stiefvater (pronounced steve-otter). I think I killed the book in two days. As I reached the end and closed the book, I was reminded of the power of words and the magic that seeps out of a well crafted story. It's a tale about the intensity of first love with a paranormal (werewolf) twist. I'm a HUGE fan, but not of the stalking variety. Okay, I lurk on her blog, but that's all I'm admitting to.

Her writing reminded me of why I started writing. So I wanted to give a shout out to Maggie for helping me to reconnect with the young dreamer inside me.

To read a book through the eyes of my younger self was an unexpected treat. Those dreams and expectations of my youth came back in such a rush, it was hard not to want to reach out and embrace her. I hope she is proud of the stories I'm telling because her hand has always been on my writing. A long time ago, I promised her a story. And when it's published, I want others to devour these words and be consumed with the magic she helped create.

If your interested in joining the journey of The Wolves of Mercy Falls Trilogy, at least bring tissues. And a snack to share would be nice. For an autographed copy by the goddess extraordinaire, please visit http://www.fountainbookstore.com/autograph-maggie.
I'm particularly fond of the music she writes for her book trailers and the latest stop motion creation for "Forever," doesn't disappoint. This woman is so talented, it's blows my mind. If I could achieve just a quarter of her success, I'd be one happy writer. She has inspired me to conjure the magic within myself and put on a show for the world.

 Just a side note: Maggie is currently hosting a trailer contest, and while this post does coincide with said contest, I would have posted this entry anyway. Gotta give credit where it's due.

The Wolves of Mercy Falls: A Stop Motion Trailer for Forever. Enjoy!


0 comments:

Post a Comment